All Things Techie With Huge, Unstructured, Intuitive Leaps

Strange MySQL Error

Had a strange MySQL error:

ERROR 1033 (HY000): Incorrect information in file (table_name)

We couldn't log into our app.  It looked like the database connection wasn't happening.  The logs were useless.  All they said was that there was a null pointer exception for getting the data back from the database.

We have a Linux server, so I typed in the /etc/init.d/mysqld stop  and then issued the start command:

/etc/init.d/mysqld start .  It failed.  I did it again (stop and start) and it said OK.  I could log into the database.  I could show tables.  But when I went to select from the tables, I got the above error.

Nothing worked.  Finally I rebooted the server and it was fixed.  If anyone has an idea of what caused this, please leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment