All Things Techie With Huge, Unstructured, Intuitive Leaps

Chrome Browser Blocker

Here is a strange one for you.  I went to isizulu.net, an African site.  The site hosts a Zulu language translator.  I had a word in Zulu that I wanted translated.  I searched for this translator online and when I clicked on it, I got the following message:  "Google Chrome not welcome.  isiZulu.net disapproves of Google because their "services" are designed to trample on privacy and monopolize the web.  Please choose a different browser vendor."

Strange.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah that is interesting. I found that site too because I was trying to look up a word and didn't want to wait until I got home where I have a real Zulu dictionary. It got me thinking how one could not use Google services every day. I have a Google tablet and Gmail and Android, so even if I use Mozilla browser, I will still use Google search and Gmail...

    ReplyDelete