All Things Techie With Huge, Unstructured, Intuitive Leaps

The Best Anagram Solver on the Web


I wanted to find the anagrams of a friend's name.  (Just in case you didn't know, an anagram is re-arranging a name or a phrase to form another one, using all of the letters without repeats or deletions.)

So I googled "Anagram Solver" and up came the top four results:


  • www.ssynth.co.uk/~gay/anagram.html‎
  • www.solverscrabble.com/‎
  • www.wordsmith.org/anagram/‎
  • anagram-solver.net/‎
So I tried all of them.  The first one gave me a whole bunch words that nobody recognizes or uses on a daily basis.

I then went to the second one.  It only takes a limited amount of letters.

I then skipped one and tried the last one, anagram-solver.net.  The name looked promising. It wasn't.

The clear winner was:

  • www.wordsmith.org/anagram/‎
I hope that this helps someone.  I realize that creating and solving anagrams is about as useful as having your high school class Greek textbook handy on the coffee table for those everyday emergency translations, but what the hey.

No comments:

Post a Comment