All Things Techie With Huge, Unstructured, Intuitive Leaps

Excited About Tech



Excitement in Life is usually like your dog's experience of going to the vet. They get all excited about the car ride until they find out where they are going. Unlike the mundanities of life, I can get excited about applying new concepts to things like blockchain and coming up with neat stuff that could disrupt so many things. If I wasn't busy earning a living, I would build stuff in a skunkworks. If I had money, I'd be dangerous (and rich)!

So what is some of the stuff that is whetting my excitement (and wetting my pants)? How about concepts in secure multi-party computation? This is a hugely under-exploited field. I would find/build/buy the hardware for a blockchain mobile phone. I would do some applications in Oblivious Transfer Cryptography (google it). I would invent a small footprint blockchain for personal use (Ken Olson, founder of DEC said in 1977 that there is no reason that anyone would want a computer in their home. Blockchain is at the same stage.) And who wouldn't be excited by conceptualizing Utility Fog ( https://lnkd.in/dJfjVpg ). So much to do and so little time.

Of course, it wouldn't preclude me from fun. I'd also make a lot of fun stuff too, like the electric dog polisher, instant water powder (just add water), and a fur-lined sink.

(originally appeared as a Linked In post: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ken-bodnar-57b635133/)

No comments:

Post a Comment