All Things Techie With Huge, Unstructured, Intuitive Leaps

The Future of Work?


One of the sad things about growing up, is work. I was dismayed to find out that if you worked one day, you had to do it again the next day and the next day. And at the end of it all, you die. And some jobs -well, the best thing about them, was the chair you sat in -it swiveled.

Work is inevitable & it might as well be efficient & free of frustration. So I modified my laptop.

I used to be a Microsoft zombie because I worked in Windoze. If I wanted to remember something, I'd jot it down in Notepad & save in it Documents. Documents was a vast collection of just about everything. Since I work on a few projects at once, that system became untenable. I modded my laptop & came to the conclusion that perhaps I've invented a new work paradigm & the tools to manage it.

I needed a personal database & it needed to work in a browser. Enter pouchdb. Then I needed a new browser, because Chrome won't let you work with local files unless you mod it & it opens you up to vulnerabilities. I use Midori locally for my db/files. And I usually have an IDE open (and many windows) so I have a bot run by Tomcat with AIML -a windows manager. I think that I may have something that doesn't give away my data to 3rd parties. All it needs now, is a bot that does the work for me.


(originally appeared as a LinkedIn post: https://www.linkedin.com/in/ken-bodnar-57b635133/ )

No comments:

Post a Comment