All Things Techie With Huge, Unstructured, Intuitive Leaps

Android Issue: I/Choreographer (xxxxx): Skipped 60 frames! The application may be doing too much work on its main thread.


So I was developing an Android app.  I created my View Group and my View. In an activity class, I had a method to fetch some data and display it.   In that method, using the view as an argument,  I instantiated a new intent, with the Context and the custom new Activity class as parameters of the constructor. Then I fetched some data, and using the Intent android.content.Intent.putExtra(String name, String value), I added fetched data to the intent. Good to go, right?

I started the emulator, and nothing, except in the LogCat, I kept getting :

Application:  MyApp
Tag: Coreographer
Text:   Skipped 60 frames!  The application may be doing too much work on its main thread

WTF.  I went over the code three or four times.  I fixed things that didn't need fixing.  I cast about all over, and then it finally struck me.  I forgot to start the activity,  so I added this line to the method at the very end:

startActivity(myNewIntent);

And my so-called life was functional again.  Hope this helps someone.







1 comment:

  1. Hello , Thanks alot for you post, i am facing the same problem , but i can't get what happened with you exactly , can you clarify !!

    ReplyDelete