All Things Techie With Huge, Unstructured, Intuitive Leaps

Blogger -- Image Upload Headaches with Google Chrome


I rarely shut my laptop down.  I have two versions of Eclipse running on it (one to run a Tomcat project) and one purely for Android that uses some of the Tomcat capabilities.  In addition, it acts as a MySQL server, and I read email and post to Twitter, and monitor various websites all at the same time.

A couple of days ago, Google Blogger image upload stopped working.  I couldn't upload an image to my blog.  Instead of the file selection box to pick an image from my computer, it says "In order to select an image from your online storage, please sign in".  I figured, what the heck, I will re-sign in with my Google credentials and see what happens.

 When I try to sign in, I get:
There was an error!
Details:
The feature you requested is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

I figured that this was a temporary thing.  I set it aside and for two days nada.  I finally decided to solve this this morning.  I shut down Chrome and restarted.  Nothing.  I rebooted the laptop.  Nothing.



I started Chrome, went to the three parallel bars in the corner, the menu and selected:

Tools > Clear Browsing Data
I cleared all of the browsing data, shut down Chrome, re-started it,
I then went to Settings and the content settings and enabled third party cookies.
 After all of that, it started to work again.  I can now upload images from my computer.

Hope this helps someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment