All Things Techie With Huge, Unstructured, Intuitive Leaps

Nigerian Spammers Now Using RapidShare


RapidShare is now the spam platform of choice for Nigerian and African scam artists.  I had never heard of RapidShare so I went to their website:

Our Offer - simply smart

Whether you are at home, on the move or at work. It is now easier than ever to store, share and secure your data with RapidShare.
Being headquartered in Switzerland guarantees the highest data security and independence from foreign service providers.

The reason that I went to their website was that I got this email, and it wasn't in my spam folder:


Hello,
Sonia Abdul invites you to access the following file via RapidShare:
hi
HI
Message from Sonia Abdul:
Hello Friend

I am an Investor looking for patner. My name is Sonia,I need your collaboration in a partnership business in your country under your control as my business manager. I have $6.700.000 as my capital money,please for more details about this partnership investment contact me at my personal email soniaabdulmohamed@yahoo.com

Yours faithful, Sonia Abdul ( soniaabdulmohamed@yahoo.com )Hello Friend

I am an Investor looking for patner. My name is Sonia,I need your collaboration in a partnership business in your country under your control as my business manager. I have $6.700.000 as my capital money,please for more details about this partnership investment contact me at my personal email soniaabdulmohamed@yahoo.com

Yours faithful, Sonia Abdul ( soniaabdulmohamed@yahoo.com )
Now it is easier than ever to store, share, send and secure your data with RapidShare. RapidShare provides you with high-capacity, fail-safe servers. This enables you to access your favourite music, images and videos via the internet anywhere. RapidShare helps you stay organized - at home, on the move or at work.
Your RapidShare Team



There was a clickable link to access the file. Yeah right. 

I have some advice for RapidShare.com.  Your landing page said that 198,000 users used RapidShare yesterday.  I bet you that up to 99% of that traffic was for spam, or illegal distribution of music, videos and other IP and copyright infringement material, if traditional numbers for spam hold up.   You simply have no way of knowing, but I can garner an inkling of it, since I am the recipient of spam from your platform.




No comments:

Post a Comment