All Things Techie With Huge, Unstructured, Intuitive Leaps

Calling Linux chmod from a Java Class

I had this java application where the system created a file.  Since the file was created in a part of the directory structure that was locked down tight, I needed to alter the permissions of the file from the java class before I could operate on it.  I made a chmod java class with a static method to do it.  This is how I did it:

package com.newco.utils;

import com.sun.jna.Native;

//  used to grant privileges to system created files.
/**
 * The Class Chmod.
 */
public class Chmod {

/** The libc. */
private static CLibrary libc = (CLibrary) Native.loadLibrary("c",
CLibrary.class);

/**
* Chmod.

* @param pathe
*            the pathe
* @param val
*            the val
*/
public static void chmod(String pathe, int val) {
libc.chmod(pathe, val);
}

}

No comments:

Post a Comment