All Things Techie With Huge, Unstructured, Intuitive Leaps

Hilarious Facebook Spam



Sometimes spammers are just plain idiotic.  I got this spam designed to look like it was sent by Facebook.  It was sent to my email address.  I am not on Facebook, but my Facebook name would not necessarily be my email address.  However I supposedly had notifications for my email address.  All that I had to do was click the link (yeah right).

The absolutely hilarious part was the unsubscribe at the bottom.  Here is the notice in its entirety:

This notification was sent to <my email address>.com. If you don't want to receive these notifications from Facebook in the future, please unsubscribe. Facebook, Inc., Attention: Department 415, PO Box 10005, Palo Alto, CA 94303

That means I have to send a letter by snail mail -- regular post to Facebook to unsubscribe from their electronic notices.  Idiots.

I do notice that most of my spam now comes to my Yahoo mail account.  Google is quite adept at filtering it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment