All Things Techie With Huge, Unstructured, Intuitive Leaps

Spam And Eggs, or .... Green Eggs and Spam


I get a lot of spam, because I publish my email address in various places. I get requests asking for money. I get a lot of requests from Africa, Nigeria, Burkino Faso, etc asking me for my banking information so they can transfer millions of dollars into my account. A whole bunch of Russians send me emails telling me that my penis is too small, and they have the pills to fix it. I get spam asking for money. I get spam asking me to support right wing and weird causes.  However, my latest bit of spam is a new one for me.  It is perhaps a sign of our brave new world.  I got spam asking me for eggs -- human, frozen eggs. Read it and weep:


I’m touching base as I consider my next steps in this journey to motherhood.  I have always wanted to be a mom.  I’ve had five pregnancy losses in the past 9 years, most recently through the failed IVF (in vitro fertilization) attempt in November.  I still carry this longing to be a mother and would like to try again. Statistically, my chances of carrying a pregnancy to term at my age, with my eggs, are virtually nil.  Roger and I are beginning to explore the possibility of donor eggs from someone under 35 as younger eggs greatly improve chances of pregnancy.

We are reaching out to people we know who may know someone with eggs or embryos already frozen and no longer needed or who may be interested in egg donation.  There is, unfortunately, no one we know in this position.  I’m wondering if there’s anyone you might know who might consider donating?

Roger and I are being supported by a wonderful fertility clinic in Montreal and feel confident in the caring and competent staff; donors will be well taken care of.

I recognize that this is a big request about personal matters.  Please let me know if any other information would be helpful.

Thank you

Just idly wondering if this could be considered human trafficking? There is a new Dr. Zeuss book on the horizon, "Green Eggs and Spam"?

No comments:

Post a Comment